Tuesday, January 4, 2011

THE GOOD AND BAD OF JETLAG

The bad:

9.30 pm sleep
11.30 pm both Dave and I awake. We've had no entrances so can only assume the kids are sleeping soundly. At least we hope.
4.30 am Dave back asleep, me still awake :( and sitting on the toilet lid in the bathroom ;)
7 am alarm set to go off (noooooooooooooooo!)

The good:

This came to me:

Alongside the bridge that leads to Ngoc Son Temple sits a man, his face very badly disfigured, tapping away to gain attention in order to sell souvenirs. My initial reaction was one of sorrow, of pity. I thought about this man again in my waking, jetlagged hours and my feelings for him turned to those of admiration. How could I pity a man who is facing the world, facing his fears, and shining a light for others? When one sees beauty in another, their own beauty is reflected.

Facebook doesn't work here :(

No comments:

Post a Comment