Friday, January 21, 2011

CU CHI TUNNELS

Today was an adventurous day at the Cu Chi Tunnels. It's absolutely amazing how small these men were to fit inside the bunkers and tunnels. Movie here.















A once in a lifetime opportunity saw Jason and Sofie firing an AK47. Movies here and here.















And then Jason, myself and Dave a M60 (machine gun). I thought it was AWESOME! Movies here, here (you'll laugh at me) and here.











































Jayden was too little to have a go at shooting so just got his photo taken.















Anytime is a good time for rice wine ;)















And then exploring the tunnels. It's hard to imagine a life down there.




















A quick bite to eat of boiled tapioca and some green tea.




















Cu Chi Tunnel photos here.

After our tour of the tunnels we stopped in at a rubber plantation. Our tour guide told us when he asks what rubber (latex) is used for his usual response is condoms (haha). Rubber plantation photos here.















After some lunch Jason, Sofie and Jayden wanted some downtime on the computers so Dave and I walked to see Ben Thanh Markets.

I love shopping but luckily had Dave with me, once again, to remind me we have to get things home otherwise I'd go crazy :).













Jason thinks it's so cool how many cartons of beer these guys can get on their bikes.




















Market photos here.



No comments:

Post a Comment