Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TIGNES

It took us around 5 hours to get to Tignes yesterday. It was raining for most of the trip which meant that the speed limit was reduced to 110 km/hr instead of the usual 130 in clear weather. Dave was concentrating very hard as it was hard to see through the rain sometimes. As we approached Tignes we were struck with the amazing sights of the Alps.















Once checked in and settled into our hotel, Le Refuge, we went and organised Sofie some ski lessons and hired ski's and boots and bought some goggles for both the kids.















As soon as the kids seen the Espace Aquatique they begged us to go there so home for swimmers on and they hit the pool whilst I hit the gym for 1/2 an hour. Just wasn't like old times though and it felt much better when I left and went out for a walk before relaxing in the wellness area in our hotel which consists of a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
















See movie here.

The rest of the family met me in there.















We awoke to the most beautiful sight this morning. It had been snowing all night and the town was covered in a blanket of white and still snowing. At 6.50 am it was minus two degrees. I took the photo to prove it when I went out for a refreshing walk before breakfast. Here I was thinking I was working hard walking up a hill but apparently the altitude had something to do with my heavy panting ;)
















Dave took this photo when I got back to the room looking out our window. And a movie here.
















We're about to leave and head up to the top of the glacier and the slopes for Sofie's lesson and some sledging (we hired 2 sledges (toboggans) also). Yeehah!

More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment