Sunday, August 29, 2010

JAYDEN THE EXPLORER

It's Bank Holiday long weekend here this weekend and news reports are expecting big traffic problems on the roads so in light of this we've opted to stay home and continue our chilling. Each morning I usually come home from my morning walk to find Dave here doing this (like father, like son - hi Allan)
















This morning whilst on my walk I came across a car boot sale just before getting home so Dave and I headed back out again to grab us some bargains. We thought we fared really well with all of our purchases being either 50 pence or 1 pound for books, jigsaw puzzle, card game, homemade gooseberry jam and blackcurrent syrup and miniature plums.

The weather here can cover four seasons in one day. One minute it's sunny, the next it's raining and then freezing cold. Whilst waiting for the ground to dry up after a downpour Dave and I headed to the gym to kill some time.

It was then time for Jayden the Explorer to take Dad on an exploring expedition of the country side to see what they could find whilst Sister stayed home to do some more baking, this time cupcakes.















Jayden was excited with his treasure - some broken pottery in a stream, sheep's wool on the ground, old sandstone walls, and plum trees. More photos here.




1 comment:

  1. Hey, just found your new blog. I love it. It reminds me of all the good things about back home. Even the stone wall and the stile. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete