Thursday, February 10, 2011

VANG VIENG VERY GOOD

With nothing planned today and the kids not wanting to do anything it was a slow start to the day with me going back to bed after breaky and a shower after being up just before 5 am.

On one of my little walk arounds yesterday I found a track heading to a cave and a lagoon so after getting the kids some lunch and setting them up with movies Dave and I set out.

First stop though was lunch overlooking the river.















Across the rice fields we started our trek.















We lost track of time taking the scenery in but guessing about 40 minutes later we reached the Pha Poak cave and mountain view.

Seeing the ladders and what was ahead I decided to stay below for some quiet time.















And when I seen the photos later I was glad I did.















We were told ten minutes to the top. Yeah right! At least 40 minutes later Dave descended.

Inside the cave.




















The spectacular view from the top.





























Another 1 kilometre further (we were told) to Lu Si Cave and the lagoon.

I was imagining naked swimming scenes from The Blue Lagoon.
















But we were told by others we passed the water was too cold to swim. Still the walk was beautiful.















After walking for around one and a half hours (in thongs) we hitched a ride home on the back of bikes for 20000 kip ($2.50) each as we were getting worried about the kids as we'd been gone about 3 hours by now. And also Dave and I were both limping by then (Dave a calf injury from way back and me a hip flexor one from Vientianne)
















Tonight, we went back to the same restaurant we went to for lunch as the food was amazing.















Another traditional Lao dish - Larp Pa (minced fish cooked with spicy seasoning, herbs and mint leaves. Fantastic food!















More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment